- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F) or Gas Mark 4.
- In a non-stick pan dry fry lean minced beef with chopped onion and carrots until mince is browned. Stir in flour, tomato purée and thyme.
- Add stock, bring to boil and cook for 5-10 minutes until carrots are just soft.
- Meanwhile, cook potato until soft and mash with low-fat spread and milk. Season with pepper.
- Transfer mince into a small ovenproof dish, spoon mash on top and sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe from Yours Diet Club.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A British classic that goes great with some roasties and veg
75g (2 1/2 oz) lean minced beef 1/2 onion, chopped 1/2 carrot, chopped 1 tsp plain flour 1 tsp tomato purée 1 pinch dried thyme 200ml (7fl oz) beef stock 1 potato 1 tsp low-fat spread 1 tbsp semi-skimmed milk 25g (1oz) low-fat cheddar cheese 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
Time: 25 minutes Serves: 1-2 Nutrition: n/a