- First make the dressing by placing the cranberries in a small saucepan with the maple syrup, cook until softened a little but still holding their shape, cool.
- Mix together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon and orange juice and the cooled cranberries.
- Mix together the celery, fennel and red onion and pile onto a serving platter.
- Add the Pink Lady apple slices and oranges.
- Pour over the dressing, lightly toss together and serve sprinkled with some torn green leaves from the celery and the reserved orange zest.
Recipe from Fenland Celery.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A crunchy and varied salad for a winter buffet, best served with cold meats and baked potatoes.
6 sticks of celery, thinly sliced at an angle, (don't throw away the green leaves) 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced 1 red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced 1 Pink Lady apple, thinly sliced 2 oranges, remove zest before cutting away the skin, thinly sliced For the maple and orange dressing: 150g cranberries 3 tbsp maple syrup 4 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp red wine vinegar 1 tbsp lemon juice 2 tbsps orange juice
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a