- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the turkey in a roasting tin and sprinkle with the allspice, then coat with the olive oil.
- Roast for 25-30 mins, until crispy, turning over halfway through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix together the sugar, soy sauce and reserved vinegar and bring to the boil. Stir in the peanut butter, sesame seed oil and chilli powder, and simmer for 2-4 mins, until thick and glossy. Transfer to a serving dish to cool.
- Serve the turkey, along with the shredded onions, cucumber, pancakes and hoisin sauce.
Recipe from Haywards Pickled Vegetables.
For more festive recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours.
Stuck for something to do with your leftover turkey? Try these Chinese inspired wraps
500g roast turkey leg, breast or both 2 tsp allspice 1 olive oil 3 tbsp dark brown sugar 120ml dark soy sauce 1 x 400g jar Medium & Tangy Silverskin Onions (or 454g Haywards silverskins), drained, reserving 4 tbsp of vinegar, and chopped 60g smooth peanut butter 2 tbsp sesame seed oil 1/2 tsp chilli powder 1 cucumber, sliced into thin sticks 8 ready-made Chinese pancakes Ground black pepper
Time: 40 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a