- Pre heat oven to 200oC/Gas Mark 6
- Fill a large pan with water, add salt and bring to the boil while you make the sauce.
- Add the butter to a deep pan and melt on a medium heat. Once bubbling, add the crushed garlic and thyme leaves and fry for 1 minute.
- Mix in the flour and then add the milk a little at a time, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Season to taste then add the spreadable Cathedral City cheddar and whisk in to the mix.
- Toss the pasta in to the boiling water and cook according to packet instructions.
- Pour the pasta into the cheese sauce and mix everything together.
- Tip in to a deep 20cm squared oven proof dish and bake for 25-30 mins until the top is crispy and golden.
- Serve straight away with lots of fresh green salad.
- Recipe from Cathedral Cheese
- For more tasty recipes see Yours Magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
Creamy and delicious, serve this dish with a fresh green salad
15g (3/4oz) butter 1 garlic clove crushed A few sprigs of time leaves stripped and stalks discarded 1 heaped tbs flour 150ml (5 floz) milk Salt and pepper 250g (9oz) Cathedral City spreadable cheddar cheese 300g (10 1/2oz) macaroni
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a