- Peel the pears, leaving the stems intact.
- Pour chilled cranberry juice into a big saucepan, add sugar, cinnamon stick and the finely chopped ginger.
- Bring to the boil and continue to stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved.
- Immerse the pears and poach on a low heat for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Once soft take the pears from the pan and place in the centre of four serving bowls. Bring the mixture to the boil once more for 10 minutes and reduce by half until a syrup consistency has been achieved.
- To serve pour the syrup on the pears.
Recipe from Ocean Spray.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A healthy and scrummy dessert idea. Granddaughters will love to eat these pink pears too
4 Conference Pears 750ml chilled cranberry juice 110g caster sugar 1 piece of stem ginger, finely chopped 1 cinnamon stick, halved
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a