- Pat the pork joint dry with kitchen paper and leave at room temperature for 15 minutes before roasting it. Preheat the oven to 180*C/fan oven 160*C/Gas mark 4.
- Pour the stock into a large roasting tin and stir in the onion and garlic. Rub the chilli powder and salt into the rind of the pork and arrange over the top of the onions.
- Roast for 45 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 200*C/fan oven 180*C/Gas mark 6 and roast for a further 45 minutes.
- Five minutes before the pork is ready, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the spices and tomatoes for 2 minutes. Stir in the Whole Cranberry Sauce and white wine and cook stirring over a low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the roasting tin, cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Pour the roasting juices into the cranberry mixture and add the nuts and sesame seeds and bring to the boil.
- Season to taste and transfer to a food processor and whizz until smooth. Sieve and serve with the roast pork and crackling.
Recipe from Ocean Spray
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Simple to cook but packed full of flavour
1.5kg/3lb 5oz pork loin, scored (get the butcher to do this for you) 2 tsp mild chilli powder 1 tsp coarse salt 250ml/9floz hot chicken stock 1 large onion, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, crushed 1 tbsp sunflower oil 1/2 tsp each freshly ground black pepper, ground cinnamon, ground cumin and dried oregano 2 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped 8 tbsp Whole Cranberry Sauce 50ml/2fl oz dry white wine 50g/2oz toasted almonds, finely ground 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Time: 20 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a