- Pour wine into a bowl and add chicken pieces with roughly chopped onion, chopped celery and parsley stalks. Leave to marinate for an hour. Remove chicken pieces and blot on kitchen paper.
- Dip chicken pieces in seasoned flour and shake off excess.Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken pieces to brown all over. Transfer to a flameproof casserole.
- Add ham to pan and fry to brown, then add finely chopped onion, garlic and sliced celery and toss around to soften. Transfer all to casserole.
- Pour over strained wine from marinade and chicken stock and bring to bubbling. Turn down to simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Add mushrooms to casserole and Tabasco®. Continue cooking for another 30 minutes with the lid half on until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- For the crush, cook new potatoes in lightly salted boiling water. Drain, then roughly mash with butter. Stir in parsley and season. Serve with chicken.
Recipe from Tabasco®.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
An easy mid-week meal that has a hint of heat- serve with some new potatoes
600ml/1pt dry white wine 1.6kg/3/1/2lb chicken in 8 pieces 1 onion peeled and roughly chopped 2 sticks celery chopped flat leaf parsley stalks (reserve leaves for crush) 2 tbsp seasoned flour 3 tbsp sunflower oil 1 thick sliced ham, diced 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed 2 sticks celery, sliced across 100ml/4fl oz chicken stock 175g button mushrooms, wiped and sliced 10 drops Tabasco® salt and freshly ground black pepper 450g/1lb new potatoes 25g unsalted butter 1 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
Time: 30 minutes plus marinating Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a