To make the caramelised rice puff
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, then tip the sugar into a small pan, add 1 teaspoon of water, place on heat, and cook gently until the sugar melts and turns a golden brown.
- Stir in the butter until it melts, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the rice krispies to coat evenly. Scrape out onto the lined tray or a cake mould (rectangle or round) to create large base.
- Leave to cool.
To make the coconut chantilly
- Place the coconut can in the fridge. Once chilled, open the can and scoop the thick cream out leaving the coconut water (to drink perhaps).
- Add the sugar and whip until a medium peak consistency. Use straight away or keep refrigerated.
To make the coconut jelly
- Mix the sugar and the agar-agar together. Heat the coconut puree then sprinkle in the sugar/agar mixture. Bring to the boil.
- Pour the mixture in to a dish of your choice and leave to set in the fridge.
- When set cut out square of the jelly or use a cutter to create different shape.
If you're doing a large version, pipe the Chantilly on top of the caramelised rice krispies, add a few pieces of coconut jelly and spoon the seeds of one passion fruit over the Chantilly. Serve straight away with the diced mango mixed with the seeds of the second passion fruit.
To do an individual serving, mix the diced mango with the seeds of one passion fruit and spoon this mixture into the bottom of the glasses. Pipe the Chantilly on top and serve with fresh passion fruit on top of the Chantilly. Place a few cubes of coconut jelly on top and serve with the caramelised rice krispies.
- Recipe designed by Fred Ponnavoy, Head Chef of Gü puds.
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve in wine or drinks glasses for that extra special touch
Caramelised Rice Puff: 4 tbsp. caster sugar 2 tsp. water 30g unsalted butter 50g rice krispies Coconut Chantilly: 3 cans of coconut cream (3x160ml) 30g caster sugar Coconut Jelly: 150g coconut puree 5g caster sugar 1g agar-agar To serve (large): 2 passion fruit 1 mango, diced To serve (individual: 2 passion fruit 1 mango, diced
Time: 40 minutes Serves: 4-6 Nutrition: n/a