- 300ml full fat milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 25g butter, melted
- Extra melted butter or vegetable oil for frying
- Put the milk and eggs into a jug and whisk together
- Put the flour into a large bowl, and make a hallow in the centre. Gradually pour the milk mixture into the centre, whisking as you pour continue whisking until you have a smooth batter, then whisk in the melted butter
- Alternatively put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
- To cook the pancakes, use a non-stick 18cm pan for best results. Heat the pan on medium heat until there is a slight haze coming from it.
- Brush the pan with butter or oil then pour in abut 70ml of batter, use a small ladle if available. Tilt the pan so the batter evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 1 minute or until the liquid batter has set and the pancake is golden. Loosen the edges of the pancake with a spatula and give a little shake – it should come loose and move in the pan.
- Either flip the pancake or turn it over using a fish slice, then cook for a further minute.
- Continue to cook more pancakes in the same way.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Makes: 8 pancakes
Fold the pancakes loosely and drizzle over golden syrup. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice and serve.