- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C fan/400°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Make the fish stock by adding Knorr Fish Stock Pot to 400ml of boiling water and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan, add the butter, allow to melt, then add the flour and whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add in the cooled stock, whisking between each addition. Cook out thoroughly.
- Whisking constantly, bring to the boil then simmer until thickened. Whisk in the double cream.
- Add all the fish except the prawns, and gently shake the pan to work the fish into the sauce. Poach very gently.
- Two minutes later add the prawns, again shaking the pan to work them into the sauce, and poach gently for 1–2 minutes until just cooked.
- Turn the fish mixture into an ovenproof pie dish. Sprinkle over the blanched leeks and then top with a layer of hard-boiled eggs. Sprinkle over the grated Cheddar.
- Spread over the mashed potato to form a thick, even layer on top of the pie, smoothing with a spatula or palette knife.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes until golden brown, and serve.
Recipe from www.knorr.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This recipe adds egg yolks to the mashed potato to enrich it and give it a golden colour
1 Knorr Fish Stock Pot 20g Flora Buttery 20g flour 100ml double cream 100g white fish fillet, chopped into round 2.5cm squares 100g salmon fillet, chopped into round 2.5cm squares 100g smoked haddock, chopped into round 2.5cm squares 100g peeled, headless raw prawns 150g baby leeks, blanched, chopped, patted dry 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered 50g handful of grated mild Cheddar cheese 1kg mashed potato (made by peeling 1kg potatoes, boiling until tender and mashing with semi skimmed milk and 2 egg yolks)
Time: 40 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: 312 cals, Fat 16.2g (sat fat 7.3g)