- Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan. Add the onion and fry for 4-5 minutes until softened and beginning to colour.
- Stir in the garlic, chillies and cumin and cook stirring for 1 minute. Add the chopped tomatoes, stock, cranberry sauce, butternut squash and cinnamon stick and bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the baby corn cobs, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes and black beans and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes until the butternut squash is tender but still holding its shape.
- Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of cold water until smooth, stir into the stew and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring until thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with the crème fraiche scattered with the chopped dried cranberries and herbs.
Recipe from Ocean Spray.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with steamed couscous or plain rice. You can also make this in advance and freeze for up to 3 months ready to defrost and enjoy.
2 tbsp olive oil 2 large onions, roughly chopped 4 garlic cloves, crushed 2 fat red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped 1 heaped tsp ground cumin 400g can chopped tomatoes 600ml/1 pint hot vegetable stock 6 tbsp smooth cranberry sauce 450g/1lb butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks 1 cinnamon stick 150g/5oz baby corn cobs 150g/5oz sugar snap peas 250g/9oz cherry tomatoes 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 tbsp cornflour 4 tbsp crème fraiche 2 tbsp dried cranberries, roughly chopped Small handful mint leaves and coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Time: 15-20 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a