- Start by making the mulled wine syrup - reduce 500ml of mulled wine in a small pan down to 200ml. Ensure you do this on a gentle simmer so the sugars in the mulled wine do not caramelise and burn.
- If needed, strain out the spices and leave to cool before using. This can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- To assemble the cocktail, fill a shaker halfway with ice cubes. Into this pour in the Calvados and infused Grand Marnier, seal this with a lid or Boston Glass and shake well for about 30 seconds.
- Fill the rocks glass to the top with ice cubes and use a Hawthorne strainer to pour the mixture into the prepared glass.
- Top up the glass with ginger beer and add a splash of the mulled wine syrup. You can garnish with the spices, redcurrants and orange crisp, or serve simply on its own.
For more Christmas cocktail recipes - visit Great British Chefs
For more festive recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours.
This indulgent Christmas pud cocktail is perfect for those who like a drink with a burst of spice
50ml of Henry de Querville Calvados 25ml of Grand Marnier, infused with cinnamon and vanilla pod ginger beer 1 dash of mulled wine syrup ice cubes Garnish 1 star anise 1 cinnamon stick 2 2/3 handfuls of redcurrants 1 slice of dried orange crisp 1 vanilla pod, dried
Time: 30 mins Serves: 1 Nutrition: n/a