- 75g (3oz) wholegrain couscous
- 60g (2½ oz) pack diced chorizo
- 50g (2 oz) pine nuts
- 2 tbsp tomato pesto
- 2 tbsp parmigiano reggiano, grated
- 25g (1 oz) pack basil, shredded
- 4 red peppers
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6.
- Cook the couscous in boiling water for 6-8 minutes until tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, fry the chorizo and pine nuts in a small frying pan for 2-3 minutes, stir in the couscous, pesto, parmigiano reggiano and half the basil.
- Halve the peppers, keeping the stalk intact, deseed and place on a small baking tray. Fill with the couscous mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining basil and serve with salad.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Nutrition: 611 cals, 38.7g fat, 13.9g sugar, (sat fat 8.9g)
These stuffed peppers are quick and easy to make!