- Preheat oven to 230°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour into a large bowl, then rub in butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir cheese and chorizo into flour. Then add milk and mix to a soft but not sticky dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Roll out to 2cm (¾in) thick and cut out rounds with a 7.5cm (3in) circular cutter. Repeat until dough is used up.
- Place on baking sheet and brush tops with milk. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe from A Dairy Diary's 'Fabulous Recipes for Autumn' visit www.dairydiary.co.uk for more seasonal recipes.
The 2016 Dairy Diary, published by Eaglemoss, is priced at £7.99 (plus P&P). To order a copy please visit www.dairydiary.co.uk or call 08450 948 128
For more baking recipes, grab your latest copy of Yours.
Make sure you take a buttered cheddar & chorizo scone on your next autumn walk
25g (8oz), self-raising flour 50g (2oz), flour 50g (2oz), grated chedder cheese 40g (1½oz), chorizo, chopped 150ml (¼ pint) milk, plus extra to glaze
Time: 30 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: Kcal 151, Fat 7.3g, Sat Fat 4.3g