- To make the the pasta mix the flour with the salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle then crack the eggs into the well, one at a time. Using your fingertips, mix well and begin to knead the fresh mixture into fresh dough
- Put the dough on a table and knead well with both hands until the dough is smooth and elastic, rolling it out using a rolling pin if needed. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and rest for 30 minutes
- Next make the ravioli filling. Pan fry the onions and chicken cubes until the chicken browns and set to one side to cool down for 20 minutes, ready to be used when the dough is removed from the clingfilm
- Once the filling cools, add the mascarpone cheese, the chopped rosemary, parmesan, salt and pepper
- Unwrap the dough and scatter flour over a worktop
- Roll the pasta out as thin as possible into sheets – one for the bottom and one to cover the filling
- Spoon one teaspoon of filling onto the bottom sheet and leave a gap of approximately 2cm between each portion of filling
- Cover the filling with the top sheet of pasta so that both sides meet, gently using your fingers to seal the filling with the sheet
- Using a pasta cutter or a knife, gently cut into squares and check that all edges are sealed before cooking
- Cook the ravioli in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes, avoiding overcooking
- Drain the ravioli thoroughly and put them in a large saucepan with melted butter
- Mix carefully and serve with the sauce poured over the pasta and some parmesan grated on top
- To make the sauce boil the Valpolicella or Amarone wine with the sugar and onion in a pan until it thickens.
- Drain the sauce and onion, using only the smooth sauce for the pasta
- Recipe from www.giovannirana.co.uk
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Partner this dish with a glass of red wine
For the pasta dough: 250g all purpose flour 2 eggs 2tbsp olive oil Salt and pepper For the filling: 300g chicken breast cut into small cubes (1cm approx.) 100g mascarpone cheese 2g chopped rosemary 50g grated Parmesan cheese 50g chopped onions Pinch of salt and pepper For the red wine reduction: 250ml of Valpolicella or Amarone wine 2 tbsp sugar 30g red onion sliced into big pieces
Time: 60 mins Serves: 2-3 Nutrition: n/a