- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Heat a frying pan and dry fry the cashew nuts until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Place in a food processor along with the rocket, garlic, 30g cheese and 100ml oil and process to a pesto.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken, turning, until browned.
- Season with salt and black pepper, remove from the pan and allow to cool. Line a 24cm diameter flan tin with baking paper, then the pastry.
- Using your fingers, pinch the pastry so the edge is slightly wavy. Spread over two-thirds of the pesto, then two-thirds of the chicken.
- Mix the peppers, tomatoes and remaining chicken and spread over the top. Spoon over the remaining pesto in blobs, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 mins.Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins. Remove from the tin and garnish with the reserved rocket.
- Recipe from recipes-plus.co.uk
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Make a big batch of pesto and use the leftovers on pasta or to spread on toasted sandwiches
60g (21/2oz) cashew nuts 35g (11/4oz)rocket, little reserved for garnish 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped 100g (4oz) Gruyère, grated 100ml (4floz) + 2 tbsp olive oil 400g (14oz) chicken breast fillet, cut into strips 270g (10oz) ready-rolled puff pastry 250g (9oz) piquanté peppers stuffed with cream cheese 250g (9oz) cherry tomatoes
Time: 60 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a