- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add finely chopped onion and garlic, and cook for a few minutes to soften.
- Cut chicken fillet into strips and add to onion.
- Turn heat up slightly and brown chicken pieces all over.
- Once chicken is browned, stir in rice and mix in well. Reduce heat and cook, stirring, for just a couple more minutes. Add the thyme.
- Keep a jug of hot stock beside you; pour this in, a little at a time, stirring gently all the time.
- Wait until each addition of stock has been absorbed before adding more. This will take around 15 minutes.
- After this time, add the peas and allow to simmer for 2-3 more minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan just before serving.
Recipe from Yours Diet Club.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with steamed veg for a really filling mid-week meal
1 tsp olive oil 1 onion, finely chopped 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 chicken fillet 30g (11/4 o?z) risotto rice (uncooked weight) 1 pinch dried thyme 200ml (7fl oz) chicken stock 50g (2oz) peas 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
Time: 25 minutes Serves: 1-2 Nutrition: n/a