- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan until hot. Dip the chicken in the seasoned flour and shake off the excess. Add the chicken pieces to the hot pan, skin side down.
- Turn the pan down to medium and cook for 5 mins without moving. Turn the chicken over and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the thyme, garlic, peppers and leeks and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the plum tomatoes and bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins or until the chicken is tender and cooked.
- Drizzle over the extra-virgin olive oil and serve with lemon wedges and a green salad.
Recipe from www.cirio1856.co.uk.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Costs just £1.58 per serving
5 tbsp olive oil 8 chicken thighs with skin on 2 tbsp flour seasoned with salt and black pepper 2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped 2 red peppers, de-seeded and finely sliced 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and finely sliced 1 leek, finely sliced 1 x 400g (14oz) can plum tomatoes Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling Lemon wedges for serving
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 371 Cals, 19g Fat, 3g Sat Fat