- 2 cooked chicken breast fillet
- 2 carrots
- 75g (3oz) uncooked spaghetti broken into pieces
- 2 bunches spring onions washed
- small handful parsley washed dried
- 100g (4oz) cheddar cheese block grated
- 1 Knorr chicken stock cube dissolved 1.25 litres (2 pts) boiling water
- black pepper to taste
- Using a fork shred the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel the carrots, discarding the skin and still using the peeler, carefully peel thin strips along the whole length.
- Chop the spring onions finely.
- Chop the parsley and mix with the grated cheese.
- Bring the stock back to the boil in a saucepan, drop in the spaghetti and stir to make sure it does not stick together. Cook for 5 mins, then add the carrot, spring onion and the chicken.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes or until the pasta is done to your liking.
- Check seasoning, adding freshly ground black pepper to taste or more stock if you like more broth.
- Ladle into warmed bowls. Sprinkle the cheese and parsley mixture on top.
Preparation time: 15mins
Delicious with a chunk of crusty bread!
Knorr brings Flavour For All
In a bid to raise awareness of the growing issue of food poverty in the UK, Knorr has launched Flavour For All – a NEW project which aims to give more than one million people easier access to nutritious flavoursome meals by 2020.
Knorr will be supporting food aid organisations that are lifelines for vulnerable people, partnering with inspiring soup kitchens around the UK and The Trussell Trust foodbank network. Using its expertise in food and flavour, Knorr will be providing monetary support, products, equipment and help to upskill volunteers and guests through cooking classes that focus on how to create nutritious flavoursome meals that both save money and waste less.
About Flavour For All
The Flavour For All Project will see Knorr providing monetary support to food aid organisations to help build the infrastructure to deliver nutritious flavoursome meals more easily, now and in the future. Knorr will also offer cooking lessons and toolkits, helping soup kitchens deliver nutritious flavoursome meals more easily, and help those reliant on food aid, by helping them to cook nutritious, flavoursome meals, save money and waste less.
As one of the world’s biggest food brands, Knorr believes it has a responsibility to help bring positive change to people’s lives. A nutritious flavoursome meal, coupled with how it’s prepared and consumed, has been proven to influence your physical and emotional well-being. However, many of society’s most vulnerable struggle to even put food on the table. With food poverty in the UK rising at alarming rates, Knorr is partnering with soup kitchens to support them in their vital work and help give more people easier access to nutritious flavoursome meals.
Richard’s Chicken Noodle Soup: Richard volunteers at Shelter from the Storm in London. He donated this recipe to the Flavour for All project. Shelter from the Storm is a completely free emergency night shelter providing bed, dinner and breakfast for up to 44 homeless people every night of the year.
How to get involved
Anyone can get involved in the Flavour for All initiative. Pick up special packs of Knorr to make a difference, volunteer or give a donation to your local soup kitchen.