- Combine the Knorr Garlic Flavour Pot, Knorr Mixed Herb Flavour Pot and Flora Buttery together in a bowl. Wrap into a tube shape with cling film. Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Lay a chicken breast on a chopping board. Using a sharp knife, make a deep pocket inside of the breast. The easiest way to do this is to push the point of the knife halfway into the fat end of the chicken. Be careful not to cut all the way through or the Buttery will leak out when cooking. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Take the chilled Flora Buttery mix out of the freezer and remove cling film. Slice into 12 discs. Push 2 discs into each chicken breast. Press to flatten slightly and reseal the pocket as much as possible using your hands. Set aside.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan, black pepper and paprika, then tip on to a tray. Spoon the flour on to a separate tray, and the eggs into a bowl.
- To crumb the chicken, start with coating in flour, making sure to dust off any excess. Dip straight into the beaten egg, and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with the egg and breadcrumb mixture so each chicken breast has a double coating. Chill for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken for 2 minutes on each side until golden. This can be done in batches. Place in a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked all the way through and garlic butter is starting to melt.
- Recipe from www.knorr.co.uk
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The trick to a great Chicken Kiev is to breadcrumb the chicken twice over
1 Knorr Garlic Flavour Pot 1/2 Knorr Mixed Herb Flavour Pot 100g (4oz) Flora Buttery 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts 75g (3oz) dry breadcrumbs 50g (2oz) fresh Parmesan, grated 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1/4 tsp paprika 25g (1oz) plain flour 2 medium eggs, beaten 2 tbsp vegetable oil
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a