- To make the chicken burgers, place the breadcrumbs in a medium bowl and pour over the milk.
- Add the mince, shallots, parsley and anchovies and season well.
- Use your hands to mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 even portions and use slightly damp hands to shape each portion into a patty about 10cm in diameter and 2cm thick.
- Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Next, fry the bacon in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 mins each side or until well browned and crisp.
- Drain on a paper kitchen towel.Wipe out the pan with absorbent paper then add the oil and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add the chicken burger and cook for 5 mins each side or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Place the bread rolls, cut-side up, on an oven tray and toast under preheated grill for 2-3 mins or until golden brown.
- To serve, spread the bottom of the rolls with half the mayonnaise mixture and top with lettuce, chicken burger, avocado and bacon. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover with the roll tops and serve immediately, accompanied by the remaining mayonnaise mixture.
Recipe from recipes-plus.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These tasty burgers are perfect for eating alfresco
50g (2oz) fresh breadcrumbs 1 tbsp milk 500g (1lb 2oz) chicken mince 4 shallots, peeled and sliced thinly 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley 2 drained anchovy fillets, chopped finely 75g (3oz) mayonnaise 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon juice 4 rashers bacon, rind and excess fat removed, each cut into thirds 2 tsp olive oil 4 wholegrain rolls, split 4 baby cos lettuce leaves 1 medium avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced thickly freshly ground black pepper
Time: 40 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a