- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade and then rub them over the chicken breasts and set aside. Sear the chicken breasts on both sides and then place in the oven for 6 to 7 minutes.
- For the masala peanuts heat a pan and pour in the oil. When it is hot, add the finely chopped red onion and sauté for one minute. Add the chilli powder and peanuts and remove from heat. Cool and set aside.
- To make the sauce; in a dry frying pan, roast all the ingredients except the onions, Marmite and tamarind. Dry roast them in a frying pan for 2-3 minutes or in an oven for 10-15 minutes. Blend to a paste using a food processor, adding as little water as possible.
- In a separate pan, boil the onions in a cup of water for 15-20 minutes and blitz to make a puree.
- In a clean pan, heat oil, add the boiled onion puree and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the spice and nut paste, sauté for a few more minutes. Add 200 ml of water and simmer for 5-6 minutes to cook all the spices. Finally, add Marmite, tamarind and correct seasoning.
- Spoon the sauce onto the centre of the plate placing the cooked chicken breast on top. Sprinkle with masala peanut topping and serve.
Created by Vivek Singh for Cinnamon Soho in partnership with Marmite.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with fluffy rice or a warm naan bread
4 chicken breast 1/2 tsp salt Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 green chilli, finely chopped 1 tsp ginger chopped 1/2 tsp turmeric powder 1 tsp oil 2 tsp ginger garlic paste 60g peanuts (roasted, cool & roughly chopped) 1 tbsp oil 1/2 red onion, finely chopped 1/2 tsp chilli powder 2 white onions, diced 15g cashew nuts 15g peanuts 1 tsp coriander seeds 1/2 tsp cumin seeds 1 tsp poppy seeds 1 tsp sesame seeds 4 fenugreek seeds 4 peppercorns 1 dried red chilli 2 tbsp desiccated coconut 1 tbsp Marmite 2 tbsp tamarind
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a