- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and finely slice garlic, onion, celery and pepper.
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick pan and brown chicken pieces on all sides. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat remaining oil and cook garlic, onion, celery and pepper over a low heat to soften.
- Next stir in the rice then add all of the remaining ingredients, including the chicken, paprika and thyme. Add chicken stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 35 minutes.
- While cooking, stir occasionally and add a little extra stock or water as necessary.
Recipe from Yours Diet Club.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A good start for a dinner party or a mid-week meal in itself
1 small chicken fillet 1 clove garlic 1/2 ionion 1 stalk celery 1/2 red pepper 1 tsp olive oil 40g (1 1/2 oz) brown rice (uncooked weight) 1 pinch paprika 1 pinch thyme 600ml (1pt) chicken stock
Time: 15-20 minutes Serves: 1-2 Nutrition: n/a