- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Prepare 500ml of béchamel (white sauce) using the Knorr Stock Pots to flavour the sauce.
- Melt the Flora Buttery in a frying pan. Cook the leeks without colour until softened and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Cut each chicken breast into three pieces and poach for approx 10 minutes in the béchamel sauce, stirring until the chicken is half-cooked.
- Transfer the chicken, béchamel and leek mix to a pie dish, leave to cool.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry. Brush the edges of the dish with beaten egg, and mould the pastry over the dish, don't trim the edges and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until it is golden brown.
Recipe from www.knorr.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This creamy pie is perfect for a family feast
For the Bechamel: 500ml semi-skimmed milk 25g flour 25g Flora Buttery 2 Knorr Chicken or Vegetable Stock Pot For the pie: 10g Flora Buttery 2 leeks, cut into large chunks 4 chicken breasts 1 shortcrust pastry sheet, ready to use 1 egg
Time: 50 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: 338 cals, Fat 17.7g (sat fat 5.6g)