- Preheat the barbecue or grill. Put the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film, spaced apart, and use a rolling pin to beat them out to an even thickness (helping them to cook evenly).
- Place in a shallow dish and add the HP sauce and chilli flakes, turning them to coat. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken on the barbecue or under the grill, for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Make sure that the chicken is thoroughly cooked by testing the thickest mpart with a sharp knife – the juices should run clear.
- If there are any traces of pink, cook for a few more minutes and test again with a clean knife. Toast the cut sides of the burger buns. Top with mixed leaves and sliced tomatoes. Arrange the chicken on top and place a slice of Leerdammer Toastie & Burger onto each one.
- Finish off with sliced red onion and dill pickle.
Recipe from Leerdammer.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Cook this mouth-watering burger on the grill or bbq
4 small chicken breasts (skinless and boneless) 2 tbsp HP BBQ sauce Generous pinch of dried chilli flakes Salt and freshly ground black pepper 4 seeded burger buns, split 4 slices Leerdammer Toastie & Burger Mixed leaves, sliced tomatoes red onion and dill pickles, to serve
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a