- 8 chicken thighs
- 200g (7oz) cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 10 new potatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 rashers bacon, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. In a large roasting dish toss together the chicken thighs, tomatoes, onion, potatoes, garlic, olive oil and most of the basil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Arrange the chicken thighs so they sit on top of the other ingredients then bake for 30 mins.
3. Sprinkle the bacon over the top and bake for a further 15 mins until the bacon is crisp and the chicken is cooked through. Serve with the remaining basil and some steamed greens.
Prep time 15 mins, cook time 45 mins
Nutrition per serving: 458 cals, 6g sugar, 20g fat (5.5g sat fat)
This dish keeps well in the fridge so serve up the leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Recipes taken from Clean Eating Alice Everyday Fitness by Alice Liveing £14.99, Harper Collins
- Photography by Martin Poole