- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160Cfan/gas 4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large casserole dish until sizzling hot. Brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Once the chicken is browned, remove from the dish and set aside. You may need to do this in two batches if your casserole dish isn’t big enough.
- Turn the temperature down to a medium heat and put the shallots in the casserole dish with the lid on and cook for 5 minutes until they are coloured and starting to soften. Add the crushed garlic, all the spices and stir in.
- Pour in the stock, stirring well, then stir in the jam. Return the chicken to the dish and tip in the chickpeas, season well then stir to coat everything with the stock.
- Put the lid back on and cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to cook for another 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the couscous in a bowl and stir in the lemon zest then continue to prepare as per the pack instructions.
- Steam the Tenderstem for a 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Once the couscous is ready, fluff with a fork and tip into a large serving bowl. Stir in the coriander, Tenderstem and olive oil and season to taste. Divide the couscous between 4 plates and top with the chicken tagine.
Recipe from Streamline Foods.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This is a great way of introducing Middle Eastern cooking to an easy midweek supper idea.
For the tagine: 1 tbsp vegetable oil 8 chicken thighs, skinless 4 echalion shallots, peeled and cut in half lengthways 2 cloves garlic, crushed 2 tsp ground cinnamon 2 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 1 tsp turmeric 400ml chicken stock 6 tbsp apricot jam 400g chickpeas, tinned, drained salt and pepper to season To serve: 150g couscous zest of a lemon 220g Tenderstem broccoli small bunch of fresh coriander 2 tsp olive oil
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 438 Cals, 11.5g fat, 2.2g Sat fat.