- For the filling, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add in the shallots and fry until softened. Add the carrots, potatoes and broccoli and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and mix in the chestnuts; set aside to cool.
- Mix together the Cheddar, egg yolk, yogurt and season with black pepper and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- To make the pastry, rub the Stork into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the Parmesan and enough cold water to mix to soft dough. Knead lightly on a floured surface until smooth.
- Roll out half the pastry to a rectangle 30x20cm and lift onto a baking sheet. Spoon over half the vegetable mixture to within 2.5cm/1in of the pastry edges. Top with the cheese and yogurt mixture then the rest of the vegetable mixture.
- Roll out the remaining pastry, dampen pastry edges and place over the filling, pressing to seal the edges and form the pie. Make 3–4 slashes in the top of the pie to allow steam to escape.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with fennel seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 30–35 minutes until golden brown. Serve with gravy.
Recipe from Knorr.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A vegetarian option that goes great with all the trimmings of a traditional roast
2tbsps olive oil 3 shallots, peeled and thickly sliced 175g cooked carrots 175g new potatoes, cut into chunks 175g lightly boiled or steamed broccoli florets 200g cooked, peeled whole chestnuts, roughly chopped 175g grated Cheddar cheese 1 egg yolk 2tbsps Greek yogurt Ground black pepper 300g Stork packet 450g plain flour 55g grated Parmesan cheese Beaten egg, to glaze 1 tsp fennel seeds (optional) Onion gravy
Time: 45 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a