- Break the leaves from the basil plant and set aside 36 of the smaller ones.
- Put the rest of the leaves (about 25g) into a mini food processor with the pine nuts and two tablespoons of the olive oil and blend to a paste.
- Scoop into a bowl and stir in the parmesan cheese, the remaining three tablespoons of oil, lemon juice and some salt to taste.
- Cut the mozzarella in half and sprinkle the cut faces with a little salt and pepper.
- Push back together with a reserved basil leaf between the two halves, then thread three of the tomatoes alternately onto 15cm bamboo skewers with two of the mini mozzarella.
- This should make 12 skewers.
- Arrange the skewers on four individual or one larger plate on a large, and drizzle over some of the pesto dressing.
- Spoon the rest into a small bowl.
- Drizzle the plate(s) with a little more oil, scatter over a few rocket leaves, sprinkle with a few sea salt flakes and serve with the rest of the pesto dressing for dipping.
Recipes from Isle of Wight tomatoes
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Rich in Vitamin C and B12 and under 300kcal, this tasty recipe is the perfect light lunch
1 small pot of fresh basil 10g pine nuts 5tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling 15g finely grated Parmesan cheese 1tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 36 (approx. 225g) vine-ripened Piccolo cherry tomatoes 24 bocconcini (mini mozzarella) A small handful of wild rocket leaves Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper 12 x 15cm bamboo skewers
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 293 kcals, 9g protein, 2g fat, 8g sat fat, 2g carbs (of which sugar 2g), 1g fibre, 0.5g salt