- Preheat the oven to 200°C/200°F/Gas Mark 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Roll the pastry out into a large rectangle around 0.5cm (¼ inch) thick.
- Turn the pastry so that the longest side is facing you, spread the mustard evenly on the pastry, sprinkle with the Cathedral City Mature Cheddar and season with plenty of black pepper.
- Cut the pastry into long strips. Carefully twist each piece of pastry 4 or 5 times so it looks like a curly straw, then place on the baking tray.
- Chill the pastry twists in the fridge for 15-20 mins.
- Brush the Cathedral City Mature straws with the beaten egg.
- Bake them for 20-25 mins, or until the pastry is well risen and golden brown.
This recipe is courtesy of Cathedral City
For more recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours.
For a more cheesy straw, sprinkle parmesan on top of the Cheddar
375g (13oz) ready-made puff pastry Plain flour, for dusting 1 tbsp English mustard 100g (3½) Cathedral City Mature Cheddar, grated Freshly ground black pepper 1 egg, lightly beaten
Time: 55 mins Serves: 14 Nutrition: N/A