- Sieve the flour and salt on to a clean work surface, and make a well in the middle.
- In a jug, mix the yeast, sugar, olive oil and water, and leave it for a few minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the well, and mix it together.
- Knead until it has a smooth springy touch.
- Place the dough in a flour dusted bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
- Leave in a warm room for about an hour.
- Remove the dough and knead to knock out the air - it is now ready to use.
- Roll the dough out to make a nice thin base.
- Add tomato puree along with chopped basil.
- Sprinkle on the 150g of Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar and add the toppings.
- Cook on 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5 for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
- Recipe from www.pilgrimschoice.com
- There's more recipe in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Veggie pizzas don't need to be borring! Try this cheesy pizza with fennel and broccoli
40g broccoli 50g fennel 1 small red onion 150g Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar Tomato puree for the base with chopped basil Basil leaves (base and garnish) Chilli flakes Black Kalamata olives Lemon oil to drizzle Pizza base: 1 tsp sea salt 1g dried yeast sachet 1/2 tablespoon golden castor sugar 2 tbsp olive oil 325ml (12fl oz) lukewarm water 500g (1lb 2oz) white bread flour
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a