- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion and sauté until soft.
- Add the broccoli and potato to the pan, stirring for a few mins.
- Add the water and stock cube. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for about 20-30 mins, until the vegetables are tender.
- Liquidise the soup, add the cream and check the seasoning.
- Stir in the grated cheese. Cook gently until the cheese has melted.
The recipe is courtesy of Aldi.
For more recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours.
This is a dish best served with baked bread rolls
190g (7oz) British Medium Cheddar 25g (1oz) Butter 1 Medium Onion - chopped 1 Bunch Fresh Broccoli - chopped 150g (5oz) Potatoes - peeled and chopped 1 Vegetable Stock Cube 800ml (27floz) Water 300ml (10floz) Single cream Salt and Black Pepper
Time: 35 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: N/A