- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a small frying pan and fry the chopped onion and garlic for 5 mins until softened. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the mashed potato in a large microwave-safe bowl and cook on defrost for 3-4 mins, stirring once, until thoroughly defrosted.
- Pulse the drained butter beans in a blender or food processor until roughly minced. Add the beans to the mashed potato with the fried onion and garlic, egg, spinach, cheese and thyme. Mix well, then season to taste.
- Divide and shape the mixture into 8 patties, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the burgers for 1-2 mines on each side until golden.
- Serve burgers in bread buns with tomato salsa and lettuce.
Recipes from www.sainsburys.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Great tasting and easy to make, these veggie burgers will go down well with all the family
2 tbsp sunflower oil 150g (5oz) frozen chopped onion by Sainsbury's 1 tsp frozen chopped garlic by Sainsbury's 300g (10 1/2 oz) frozen mashed potato by Sainsbury's 400g tin butter beans by Sainsbury's, drained and rinsed 1 medium free-range egg, beaten 120g (4 1/2 oz) frozen chopped spinach by Sainsbury's, defrosted and water squeezed out 50g (2oz) lighter mature British Cheddar by Sainsbury's, grated 1 tsp dried thyme 40g ( 1 1/2 oz) fine breadcrumbs by Sainsbury's
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a