- Cut the celery into approx. 3 cm pieces, removing any tough ends or strings.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the celery and onion for 10 minutes, remove and add the bacon and cook until crispy.
- Cut 4 x 30cm circles of baking parchment, divide the celery and onion between the circles, then sprinkle over the herbs and bacon.
- Mix together the remaining olive oil, Dijon mustard and vinegar.
Top this: This is best done in an empty lidded jam jar and give it a good shake
- Divide this mixture between the celery parcels.
- Wrap up the parcels by bringing the edges together and tying with a piece of string. Then place on a baking tin and cook for 30 minutes.
- Leave the parcels to cool for a few minutes before carefully opening.
Recipe from Fenland Celery.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Cooking celery in little parcels keeps all the lovely juices and flavours in. An easy recipe for family suppers!
6-8 celery sticks 200g smoked bacon lardons 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges Pinch of sage, thyme and rosemary, chopped 4 tbsp olive oil 2 tsp Dijon mustard 2 tsp cider vinegar
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a