- In a bowl, cover the cauliflower with boiling water and stand for 5 mins. Drain and refresh with cold water, then crush roughly.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour, cooking for 1 min. Slowly stir in the milk.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and pickled onions, then mix into the cauliflower and add the coriander.
- Shape the cauliflower into four patties with hands dusted with flour. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and sprinkle with the cumin. Chill for 10 mins.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 15-20 mins, until browned slightly.
- Serve in a ciabatta roll with tomatoes, rocket and gherkins.
Recipe from Haywards.
For more recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Veggie burgers don't have to mean beans, go with the cauliflower instead and add pickles for an extra crunch on top!
1 cauliflower, roughly chopped 50g butter 100g plain flour plus extra to dust 150ml milk 2 tbsp chopped coriander Zest and juice of 1 lemon 8 Haywards Medium & Tangy Traditional Onions 2 tsp cumin 4 ciabatta rolls 100g baby plum tomatoes, halved 100g rocket 2 Medium & Tangy Gherkins, sliced
Time: 45 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a