- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Place the pistachios on a baking tray and toast for 5 minutes stirring frequently to prevent them from burning.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely then roughly chop.
- Place the seeds in small frying pan and cook over a medium heat for 1 min, stirring constantly to prevent them from burning.
- Lightly crush the seeds then transfer to a small bowl and whisk in the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, honey, garlic and chilli.
- Mix the carrot, raisins, pistachio nuts and herbs in a serving bowl, mix in the dressing and crumble over the feta cheese and serve.
Recipe from www.americanpistachios.org/
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This refreshing salad, makes a delicious side dish or tasy lunch
100g (4oz) shelled pistachio nuts ½ tsp coriander seeds ½ tsp cumin seeds Zest and juice of ½ lemon 3 tbsp olive oil 1 tsp clear honey 1 small clove garlic, crushed Pinch chilli flakes 2 carrots, peeled and grated 50g (2oz) golden raisins Handful of fresh coriander or mint, roughly chopped 100g (4oz) feta cheese
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 345 cals, Fat 25g (sat fat 6g)