- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 1 courgette
- 4 large carrots (about 450g), peeled
- 50g (1.5 oz) cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 250g (9 oz) halloumi, cut into 1cm slices
- Whisk the oils, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and ginger together in a large bowl. Using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, peel ribbons of the courgette and carrot into the bowl; finely slice the cores. Toss in the dressing, then set aside to marinate while you prepare everything else.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Toast the cashew nuts for 3-4 minutes, until golden; set aside. Next toast the sesame seeds for 2-3 minutes, stirring often until golden; set aside with the nuts. Fry the halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Lift the vegetables from the dressing and put on a platter or plates. Top with the halloumi and scatter over the nuts and seeds. Serve immediately while the cheese is still warm, spooning over a little extra dressing, if liked.
Preparation time: 15 mins, plus marinating
Serves: 2 - 4
Nutrition: 446 calories, 33.1g fat, 15.8g sugars, 2.3g salt (sat fat 14.2g)
You can leave the vegetables to marinate for a couple of hours before serving, if you like, but fry the halloumi at the last minute as it’s best served warm.