- Preheat the oven to 220°C, Gas Mark 7.
- Place the pastry on a lightly floured surface and unroll. Divide the pastry in half lengthways, so you have two long pieces.
- Spoon the chutney over the base of each, leaving a border of about 2.5 cm. Sprinkle over 75 g of cheese.
- Place the sausage meat in a large mixing bowl with the sage and mix well. Halve the mixture and using slightly wet hands, gently form each into a long skinny sausage the same length as the pastry.
- Place a long sausage in the middle of one of the pastry pieces & brush one of its long edges with some of the egg. Roll into a long cylinder, making sure the pastry overlaps where it meets. Place seam-side down and cut into six rolls.
- Gently squeeze the cut ends of each to neaten them if necessary. Repeat with the other half.
- Transfer the rolls to a non-stick baking sheet. Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds and the remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
Recipe from The English Provender Co.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A posh take on a party food classic
375g ready-rolled all butter puff pastry Plain flour, for dusting 450 g pork sausage meat 2 tablespoons freshly chopped sage 175 g The English Provender Co. Caramelised Red Onion Chutney 100 g hard goats' cheese, finely grated 1 egg, beaten 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Time: 25 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a