- Marinade the beef. Mix 1 tbsp Cachaça, 1 tbsp lime juice, soy sauce, 2 tbsp mint, garlic and half of the brown sugar. Pour onto the sirloin steak, cover with cling film and place in fridge between 2-4 hours.
- Make the mint chimichurri. Mix 2 tbsp mint, Shallots, 1½ tbsp Cachaça, 1 tbsp Lime Juice, the remaining brown sugar, a pinch of salt. stirring in a dash of olive oil at the end to create a loose mixture. Set aside for 30 mins.
- When ready to cook steak, bring to room temperature. Heat a grill pan on high. Shake off excess marinade from steak and drizzle with a little olive oil. Sear steak for 3 mins on each side for medium rare, remove from heat and leave to rest for 2 mins.
- While steak is resting, make the salad. Combine juice of half a lemon and 3 tbsp olive oil, mix through the salad leaves, chilli and mango. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice thickly, and serve with salad and mint chimichurri.
This recipe is courtesy of Sainsbury's.
For more recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours.
Want to add some spice to this dish? Add some chillies to the marinade
1x 275-300g (10oz-10½oz) Taste the Difference Sirloin Steak 2½ tbsp Cachaça 2 tbsp Lime Juice 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce 4 tbsp Fresh Mint, Finely Chopped 1 small Clove Garlic 2 tbsp Brown Sugar 1 tbsp. Shallots, Finely Chopped Large handful of Taste the Difference Powerful & Punchy Salad 30g (1oz) Ripe Mango, Sliced 1 red Chilli, Seeds Removed and Finely Sliced Juice of half a Lemon 3 tbsp Olive Oil Salt and Pepper
Time: 4hrs 40mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: N/A