- Place a frying pan on a medium heat. Add the butter, diced onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until the onion softens.
- Add the dry risotto rice to the pan and stir for 1 minute, allowing the melted butter, onion & garlic to coat the rice.
- Add the wine to the risotto and stir until absorbed.
- Pour the stock into a separate pan and bring to boil, before simmering gently.
- Add a ladle of stock to the risotto and again, stir until completely absorbed and the rice starts to swell. Continue to add a ladle of stock at a time, stirring until completely absorbed before adding the next. Repeat until all of the stock has been used.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the butternut squash or pumpkin. Cook until tender and then drain.
- Remove the risotto from the pan and place into a mixing bowl. Add the drained butternut squash or pumpkin and use a fork to mash together.
- Add sage to the mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape the Boursin Pepper Portions into 5g balls and shape the risotto mix around each. This will make approximately 12 balls.
- To make the egg wash, add the eggs and milk together with a little salt and gently whisk.
- Dip the arancini balls into the egg wash to coat, before gently rolling into the bread crumbs until completely covered and then set aside.
- Pour approximately 3cm of oil into a deep pan and carefully bring to a temperature of 170°C (use a thermometer for guidance.
- Gently cook the balls in the hot oil for approximately 1-2 minutes each, until golden in colour 13. Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
Recipe from Boursin.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve warm with your favourite choice of dip
40g unsalted butter Half an onion, finely chopped 1 clove garlic, diced 125g risotto rice 50ml white wine 250ml vegetable stock 200g butternut squash/ pumpkin peeled and cut into pieces 5g fresh chopped sage 100g bread crumbs 60g Boursin Black Pepper Portions Vegetable oil for frying 2 eggs 50ml milk
Time: 30 minutes Serves: 8-10 Nutrition: n/a