- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add curry powder, sweet potato and butternut squash, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, basil leaves, stock and milk, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Blend vegetable mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Serve soup hot or cold with chopped basil or chives.
Top tip: You can make up a batch and use over a few days, or freeze a few portions and use later.
- Recipe from Lactofree.
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A healthy winter warmer
1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil 1 tsp asafoetida powder (add to oil) 1 tsp hot curry powder ½ tsp salt 2 tbsp basil leaves – torn 500ml (9fl oz) lactose free milk 500ml (1¼pts) vegetable stock (2 stock cubes) 300g (11oz) sweet potato – peeled weight and diced 250g (9 oz) butternut squash – peeled weight and diced
Time: 5 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a