- Melt the butter in a pan and add the shallots.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes until they soften. Stir through the flour, and cook for another minute.
- Slowly pour in the milk, stirring continuously. Once all the milk is combined bring to the boil, until the sauce is thick. Add the butterbeans and remove from the heat.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water, drain and stir through the sauce.
- Add the sweetcorn and tarragon and season to taste. Divide between 4 deep pie dishes, and set aside to cool.
Unroll the pastry onto a lightly floured worktop and cut to fit the dishes.
- Lay the pastry over the pies and tuck down, over the filling. Brush with milk then make a cut for the steam to escape.
- Chill until required.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Bake for 20 minutes until crisp, golden and bubbling hot.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These individual pies can be prepared, chilled and baked to order
50g (2oz) unsalted butter 6 shallots, thinly sliced 50g (2oz) plain flour 850ml (29floz) milk 820g (1lb13oz) butterbeans, drained and rinsed 240g (81/ 2oz) broccoli 325g (11½oz) tinned sweetcorn, drained Handful chopped tarragon leaves Salt and ground black pepper 1 sheet readymade puff pastry
Time: 25 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 884 cals, fat 43g, sat fat 23g