- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Put the vegetables into a roasting pan, sprinkle with olive oil and toss to mix. Roast for 20 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, make the pastry. Put the flour and salt into a large bowl. Rub in the shortening to make crumbs. Stir in the Cheddar, then add 2 tbsp of beaten egg and just enough chilled water to make a soft, but not sticky, dough. Knead lightly until smooth, then wrap and chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface, into a 30cm (12in) circle. Transfer to a baking sheet (the pastry may overlap the sheet), and brush with beaten egg.
- Pile vegetables onto the pastry, leaving a 7.5cm (3in) border. Sprinkle Brie on top, then fold the pastry edge over the vegetables; overlapping and sealing to make a free-form tart. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until crisp and golden. Serve warm or cold.
© The British Cheese Board, www.britishcheese.com
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
Double the ungrediants to make two and freeze one before cooking to have at a later date
1 courgette, sliced 1 yellow and 1 red pepper, deseeded and thickly sliced 8 cherry tomatoes 1 small red or white onion, sliced 1 tbsp olive oil 100g (3?oz) Brie, cut into chunks 2 tsp sesame seeds For the pastry: 200g (7oz) plain flour Pinch salt 75g (3oz) shortening, chilled and cut into pieces 50g (2oz) mature Cheddar, grated 1 egg, beaten
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 580 cals, 36.8g fat, 12g sat fat