- 3 large egg yolks
- 300ml (1 pint) double cream
- 70g (3oz) caster Sugar
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 125g (4½ oz) large blueberries
- 4 ramekin dishes
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 30g caster sugar in a bowl until pale and thick.
- Put the cream in a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil.
- Pour the boiling cream over the egg yolk mix, whisking as you pour.
- Keep a few blueberries for decoration, divide the rest between the 4 ramekin dishes and then pour the custard over them.
- Place the ramekin dishes in a roasting tin and pour enough boiling water into the roasting tin to reach halfway up the sides of the dishes.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes until just firm to the touch.
- Take the ramekin dishes out of the oven, allow to cool, and then refrigerate until cold.
- Divide the remaining sugar between the 4 dishes and sprinkle on top.
- Either use a chef's blowtorch to burn the sugar or place quickly under a very hot grill.
- Garnish with the remaining blueberries and serve.
Time: 15 mins
A classic French dessert with a fruity twist. Perfect for a dinner party!
- Recipe courtesy of Aldi
- For more delicious recipes see Yours Magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday