- Mix the flours, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda together in a bowl. Add the yogurt and eggs and whisk together until smooth then fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, wipe out the excess with a piece of crumpled kitchen towel.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the thick batter into the pan and cook for 2- 3 minutes until bubbles can be seen and the undersides are tinged brown.
- Turn the pancakes over with a palette knife and cook the second side for a minute or two.
- Take out of the pan and keep hot in a folded napkin. Oil the pan once more and cook more pancakes in the same way until all the mixture has been used up, lowering the heat slightly if needed.
- Stack the pancakes on to plates, top with a little butter, extra blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Cook’s tip: Fine cornmeal can be found in Indian supermarkets and some larger supermarkets, tapioca flour from your nearest health food shop.
Recipe from Seasonal Berries.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Start your day right with these quick and easy pancakes that all the family can enjoy, even those on a gluten free diet
50g (2oz) fine cornmeal 50g (2oz) tapioca flour 1?2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda 200g (7oz) low fat natural yogurt 2 eggs 150g (5oz) blueberries 1-2 tablespoons sunflower oil for frying To serve: A little butter, extra blueberries and maple syrup or runny honey
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a