- Hull and and quarter the strawberries and place in a serving bowl with the other fruits.
- Make a quick syrup by melting the sugar, lemon juice with 2 to 3 tbsp of water. Once the sugar is melted, set aside and leave to cool. Once cool, pour over the fruits and leave to rest for at least an hour. Now make the brandy snap cups. Preheat oven to 190oC. Line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the sugar, butter and syrup together. Remove from the heat and add the flour.
- Add the ginger and the lemon juice. Place a tsp of the mixture onto the baking sheet, leaving room for the mixture to spread. You may need to make two batches.
- Bake for around 5 or 6 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and when cool enough to handle, scoop each biscuit up with a knife and lightly press inside a small cup to shape, remove and place on a cooling rack, repeat for each brandy snap cup.
- To serve, place a brandy snap cup on a plate, fill with fruit, add a scoop of Kelly’s of Cornwall Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream and spoon over a litte juice. Decorate with fresh mint leaves.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These homemade brandy snaps are sure to impress!
For the snaps: 110g sugar 110g butter 110g golden syrup 110g flour, sifted juice of 1 lemon pinch of ground ginger For the berry salad: 200g raspberries 200g blueberries 400g strawberries 50g sugar juice of 1 lemon fresh mint leaves 1 tub of Kelly's Ice Cream
Time: 15 mins Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a