- Preheat the oven to 180°c (fan oven 160°c), gas mark 4. Line the base and sides of a deep, 20 cm (8 inch), loose-based, springform cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put the conserve in a small saucepan with 50ml (2 fl oz) of the orange juice and stir over a low heat. Bring to the boil and bubble gently for 5 minutes until reduced by about half. Add in the blackberries and leave to cool.
- Rub 25 g (1 oz) of the butter and 25g (1 oz) of the caster sugar into the flour. Stir in the granola cereal and spread out on the foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool, then break into rough crumbs with a fork.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 170°c (fan oven 150°c), gas mark 3.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan and stir in the crushed biscuits. Press the crumbs over the base of the lined tin and set aside.
- Beat together the cheeses, eggs, orange zest and remaining sugar with the soured cream until smooth. Spoon onto the biscuit base and bake for 1¼ hours in the oven.
- Open the oven door and pull the cheesecake out a little. Drizzle the blackberries and their liquid randomly over the surface and return to the oven for a further 1 – 1¼ hours until the cheesecake feels just firm when touched in the centre.
- Sprinkle over the crumble mixture, leave to cool and dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Recipe from : Bonne Maman – The Seasonal Cookbook (Simon & Schuster), available through Amazon, WH Smith and Waterstones, £12.99. Recipe development by Moyra Fraser.
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This cheesecake can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days without the crumble topping. It also freezes well.
8 tbsp Bonne Maman Strawberry Conserve Finely grated zest and juice of one orange 150 g (5 oz) blackberries 75 g (3 oz) butter 100 g (3 ½ oz) golden caster sugar 40 g (1.5 oz) plain flour 25 g (1 oz) crunchy baked granola-style cereal 2 x 90 g packets Bonne Maman Galettes, finely crushed 150 g (5 oz) mild creamy goats' cheese 450 g (1 lb) full-fat soft cheese 4 large eggs 75 ml (3 fl oz) soured cream (about 5 tablespoons) Icing sugar, to dust
Time: 2 hours Serves: 8-10 Nutrition: n/a