- Preheat the oven to 200*C/400*F/Gas Mark 6. Slice the potatoes as thinly as possible. This is easiest done using a mandolin slicer or the slicer blade of a grater.
- Brush 2 large baking sheets with oil and place the potato slices in a single layer on top. Brush with a little more oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until cooked and turning crisp around the edges.
- While cooking, season the beef and tie each fillet with string, tucking a rosemary sprig into each. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the meat for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a roasting tin and spoon the salsa verde on top.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and keep warm. Cook for beef in the oven for 10-20 minutes, depending on how well cooked you like beef. Arrange the chervil leaves over the potatoes.
- Transfer the meat to warmed serving plates and spoon the pan juices on top. Serve with the potatoes.
- Recipe from recipes-plus.co.uk
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A gastro pub style dish you can recreate at home
4 large potatoes 4 tbsp rapeseed oil 4 beef fillet steaks, each about 200g (8oz) 4 rosemary sprigs 200g (8oz) salsa verde handful chervil leaves
Time: 50 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a