- Preheat the oven to 150°C (130°C fan), Gas Mark 2. Stand the brisket in a roasting tin and apply the rub all over the beef.
- Pour 100ml cold water into the base of the tin and cover tightly with foil.
- Cook low and slow, basting occasionally, for about 5 hours until tender. When tender, cover with foil and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile make the remoulade. Coarsely grate the celeriac or use a food processor to make thick a shred. Place in a bowl and add the lemon juice. Stir in all the remaining ingredients and leave to stand for at least 30 minutes.
- As an added extra, place the brisket on the BBQ until browned on each side to give it that great charcoal look
- Slice the beef into thin slices and serve in rolls with watercress and a generous helping of the remoulade.
Recipe from Newman’s Own American rubs and sauces for National BBQ Week, 25th– 31st May.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Great for feeding a crowd at summer get-togethers
2 kg beef brisket 85 g Newman's Own Texas Style Rub for Brisket 100 ml cold water For the celeriac remoulade: 450 g peeled celeriac Juice of 1 lemon 4 tbsp mayonnaise 2 tbsp crème fraiche 2 tbsp Dijon mustard 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley 6-8 large bread rolls Watercress
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 6-8 Nutrition: n/a