- Place the minced beef in a large pan and cook over a medium heat until browned right through.
- Drain off any excess fat, then add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs and sugar. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, leaving lid off if sauce needs to thicken.
- As your sauce simmers, cook pasta according to packet instructions, omitting any suggested salt or oil.
- Combine with sauce and serve with salad leaves.
Recipe from Yours Diet Club.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A healthy take on a classic mid-week meal
75g (2 1/2 oz) lean minced beef 1 onion, sliced 1 garlic clove, sliced 1 small tin chopped tomatoes 1/2 tbsp tomato purée 1 tsp herbs Sprinkle of sugar 40g (1 1/2 oz) pasta (uncooked weight) Salad leaves
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 1-2 Nutrition: n/a